Monday, September 28, 2009

Picking Up Badminton As A Regular Sport

It's been great fun picking up badminton as a regular sport. Despite everyone's busy life, we do try to play as regularly as we can and I can't wait for the next one!

I think, if I had been more active in sports during highschool, I would not be this klutzy with poor foot coordination! And not to be perasaan (be vain), but I think I had possible potential to excel in sports. Oh well. That's the past and you know how we can't change the past but only dream about it.

Or rather live in the present and work towards the future. =)

I did contemplate signing up for some training but with my impending unemployment, I shall stick to the current weekly sessions first (it was more of me being freaked out seeing the trainees getting tortured last badminton session). With the help of my fellow badminton kakis, I do see a slight improvement with each session.

First lesson, I had to be vigilant with my stance and had to constantly remind myself to keep my racket up. Pairing up with my aunty was grueling in some sense and boy was she fierce! As the sessions progressed, I now know more about positioning, a bit on footwork (which I still need to improve on), NOT blocking my partner's line of vision and to MOVE!

I tend to just stay stuck in a spot than run.

Badminton sessions not only gives me my weekly exercise (and hopefully burn up ALL my fats!), I also get to widen my social network and meet new people as DanSan and Gill intro their friends.

Despite the after effects of badminton- butt aches and muscle aches, I can't wait for the next badminton session!!

1 comment: